Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things I want to say to my kids but can't


7. I want you to study and be successful in life largely because I can't support you forever, and even if I could, I wouldn't.
6. In ten years NONE of this shit will matter. But clean your room anyway. Because I said so.
5. Sometimes a cold beer really can improve a crappy outlook.
4. Your father's family is CRAZY. Please, please don't grow up thinking all that redneck bullshit is okay. Have a standard for yourself that's higher than a new truck and a girlfriend with a nice rack.
3. I really don't have all the answers. I'm sorry. I wish I was a better mother and human being. I'm doing the best I can, but I know I fall short all the time.
2. I hope that you grow up to appreciate me for all this because holy shit, it's hard being a single parent. And if you can't appreciate me I hope you at least resent your father. Not really. Okay, maybe. Sort of.
1. If your dad was paying his child support you would have a better life. I am sick and tired of absorbing your unhappiness about the situation all by myself. I know I tell you that what we have doesn't matter, but the truth is I am really unhappy about being poor too.


No comments:

Post a Comment