Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not Dead. Yet.

It's been a long month of extremely hard work. Not just for me but for the friends and family who helped- and here I give big props to the VCB; he lifted, packed, hauled, schlepped, fixed, installed, patched, paid, ran, smiled, consoled, listened and just endured with endless good grace and patience, and kindness.

The end result being, we are moved, and (mostly) unpacked. The kids are pretty happy here so far. We have (free!) cable and wifi; everybody has their own rooms again and the new schools are going to be alright. The after-school situation seems to be going well. (Thank GOD!)

I have gotten the kids to school with packed lunches and brushed hair and signed homework every day, and myself to work on time; and so I can safely say, we are adjusting just fine. My job is going as well as can be expected; not the job of my dreams but I am employed and soon I will have health insurance again.

The house (finally) closed. After three delays and twice as much money in various fees and many more demands from the buyers than I will ever believe reasonable. I have sold 5 houses before and never had this much hassle ever. Amen and good riddance. No I didn't make any money off of it and that's no exaggeration. But at least it is gone.

And I decided I missed my blog too much to let a few little dramas and some random wierdness take it away from me.

It snowed last night and it's been freezing cold all day. I made chicken soup and brownies from scratch tonight. As I type this the kids are snuggled on the sofa in new jammies, freshly bathed, watching Harry Potter.

I almost feel like a real Mom again.




No comments:

Post a Comment