Friday, January 1, 2010

Here's to a Happier New Year.

2009. Wow. The most tumultuous year of my life without a doubt.

The Good:
I lost 180 pounds of ex husband when my divorce was finalized this summer

Went back to my maiden name

Kept my restraining order through 2011

The kids are doing great- they all made the honor roll, and are adjusting fabulously

Sold (finally!) the former marital home

Paid off my attorney's outrageously large bill (note to any woman getting divorced- use the best lawyer you can find right from day one. Listen carefully to his advice and follow it to the letter. Yes it will be Very Expensive. It will also be Well Worth It, especially if you have kids and/or an abusive or criminal ex-to-be.)

Like my new job

LOVE the new house

We had a really wonderful Christmas.

And there were no really unforeseen catastrophes, everyone's healthy, all cylinders are firing.

The Bad:
Well, the worst, maybe, loss of my life so far was this year. So that sucked. My beloved Grandfather passed away September 1, 2009. I miss him terribly, every single day. I haven't been the same without him. I don't know that I will ever be.

Some other things that suck:
I spent a lot of time in court. I won, pretty much every time, but still. Ugh. Court.

Made virtually no money on the sale of my house after the lawyer bill was paid

Jackass is still delighting in screwing with the kids, child support, and visitation at every opportunity

The VCB and I are still living in two separate houses

All in all 2009 got me a lot closer to where I want to be though...so while it was a long and messy road it proved to be a very productive journey. And isn't that all we can really hope for?

Here's to 2010. May it bring you all the desires of your heart.









No comments:

Post a Comment