Monday, October 19, 2009

Because I'm kind of busy...

  • The house, it is under contract!!! This is excellent news even if I am not making much money on it. It will be done. Finished. OVER. In less than a month! YES!!
  • The kids are very excited about the idea of moving, mostly. The whole changing schools thing is causing some heartburn but I am confident it will be fine.
  • The VCB is really upset that I made this decision. In my mind I had tried a few times to talk to him about it and he'd told me to "do whatever was in my kids' best interest"- which clearly, this IS, despite my having mixed feelings about putting off any commitment between us for a year-....but in HIS mind, I went ahead and made a unilateral decision about the future of our relationship without discussing it with him. To be quite fair to him, he has made a million decisions over the course of the past year that prioritized the relationship, even when it was really unpleasant or inconvenient for him. So I see why he is upset, but I just don't know what to do about it. I don't mean that to sound flip, I really wish there was some middle ground that would make the situation better.
  • I am pretty sure things in life generally work out the way they're supposed to, and if we are meant to be, we will be fine, even if we have to go another year under separate roofs.
  • The garage sale is turning into a Major Undertaking. I have so much crap I am ready to get rid of, and not move, it's just insane. I need weeks to get this done, plus a shovel and a bonfire and a large truck.
  • If it rains Saturday I may throw myself off a bridge.
  • Jackass took Austin to a Metallica concert Saturday night. I am livid.
  • My landlord was furious about me moving but I may have already found him his next tenant. So maybe everything IS working out for the best.
  • Or maybe the light I see at the end of this ridiculously long and twisted tunnel is the headlamp of another train.
  • We shall see. Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. well, first,i'm so happy about the house. at least you're making SOMETHING, which is better than nothing . . .and what a relief it must be! between that, the job and the house, it probably feels a little bit like heaven to you :-)

    i've had the same thing happen to me re: communication with men before. i think i've talked something through endlessly, yet i still manage to surprise them. i'm with you on the whole "it will work out the way it needs to" because frankly, it always does.

    congrats on the house! and again on the job!

    ReplyDelete