Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lost: one mojo

Every year since I was in high school, each October I have gotten a miserable sinus/ear/ throat infection that quickly moves south to toss a little bronchitis into the mix. I headed it off last year, somehow, I think maybe my body was all *Fuck you* to germs because it was already dealing with so much stress that it was afraid, (and rightly so) that I might use any excuse to just crawl under the covers and die.

This year apparently the sabbatical is over, and I am stuck with a lovely throbbing head, raw throat, fluid filled ears, and soon, a huuurrrkkkking cough that resembles a noise most commonly made by livestock.

I am going to lie around sluglike today, and make phone calls for work, and stay in my pj's. Maybe with enough ginger ale, sleep, vitamins, and Tylenol Sinus I will recover my lost mojo.
Meanwhile if you see her, please grab her and send her home!

1 comment:

  1. i hate losing my mojo. mine must be on vacation with yours. hopefully they are somewhere sunny enjoying a drink on a pristine white beach. if that's the case, "MOJOS GET THE FUCK BACK HERE NOW!"

    not helpful, i know.

    ReplyDelete