Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Casualties

First, a little prayer of gratitude.

Oh Thank GOD it's Tuesday and my kids are back at school.

Thank you, thank you, thank you sweet baby Jesus. Amen.
PS: please let the next three day weekend fall on their dad's visitation?

It wasn't ALL bad, my mother took Autumn off my hands all day yesterday after taking one look at my crazy-eyes. I also decided that a few bucks' worth of flowers for the outside was a worthwhile investment in my sanity, and filled an old rusty red wagon with pansies and mums.
A wreath on the door and a quick sweep with the mower later and it no longer looks like an abandoned property.

But I'm really glad no passers-by can see the inside of the house.

The funny thing about trying to get organized is the mess you inevitably make in the process. Wow. Maybe that's just me though? I dunno. It always seems to get wayyy worse before it gets better, and I always seem to conveniently forget that when I decide to tackle these things. I am now up to my knees in laundry, I have three boxes of stuff I "found" in the garage and need to find homes for inside my house, and six bags of more stuff that are destined for the garage sale but haven't quite been removed from the house yet. And in the process of 'organizing' I have totally neglected the regular house stuff like sorting mail, taking out the garbage and doing the dishes.

I'm just going to play "Hey! look over there! flowers! not over there at those piles of stuff!!"

Or at this giant bruise on my forehead that I got when I walked into that shelf in the garage head on, that I couldn't see because I was wearing a baseball cap, and very nearly knocked myself unconscious yesterday. How long does the headache and slight dizziness last after a blow to the head, anyway?

This better be one profitable garage sale. I'm going to need the money to pay the medical bills to treat the random klutz-related injuries that I incur getting ready for the damn thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment