Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Here I am

So, moved to Blogger. Because it's free, that's why. And you can't beat free when you're a flat broke struggling single mom.

I C&P'd most of the relevant stuff from last year over from my TypePad blog, but I decided to change my blog title. During the divorce it was "Weathering the Storm". I am happy to report that aside from the occasional gust, the storm that was my life last year has largely blown over. 
I chose "Still Above the Grass" because that's what my Grandpa, the sweetest man in the world and in my eyes the only man since JC to walk on water, says when anyone asks him how he's doing. When he says it I always smile. Because there's plenty to be said for being above the grass. 

Its been a pretty good summer here so far. The kids are in camp thru the County M-Th, and I am working from home, writing, doing social media and PR/marketing work. I may soon be doing seminars and speaking engagements at colleges for Interview Angel, and there's talk of travel also. If I am fortunate I will find a way to make that happen as God knows, we need the money.

 Jackass took his first week's visitation with the kids as scheduled and (gasp!) his mother (formerly known as Mrs. Jackass Sr., but I'm gonna drop the snark on her for now) and I had a decent conversation about the kids and the visitation arrangements. I am hoping that dynamic will continue and that there will be someone reasonable for me to talk to w/regards to those issues in the future. He has pulled a lower than average level of the usual jackassery but I am still nonplussed. The kids spent last weekend with him and Drunky Girlfriend at her "awesome" house. Drunky Girlfriend's "hot" 12yr daughter is Austin's new crush (this is obviously ten kinds of wrong as well as a recipe for future therapy).  Drunky Girlfriends "huge boobs" are still fascinating, and the general consensus is she's a nice lady who knows nothing about their Dad's real self/situation. Also, Jackass has been talking about moving away (to the OBX of NC- beware, ladies!!) at the end of his lease in August. Which coincides nicely with the next hearing on the child support case Sept. 11. 

"What about that Child Support?" you may ask.
Despite facing a contempt conviction and the imminent suspension of his driving privileges, there has been no voluntary payment by jackass since last November. I got a small amount of $ out of his unemployment checks earlier this year, but that totaled less than one month's payment. Jackass was told in no uncertain terms to pay on the 1st and 15th of each month until the Sept. court date for sentencing, so the fact that he has failed to do so is troubling. It would appear he has no problem losing his license and going to jail rather than supporting his children. What does one say about that?

The house on GBR is not yet sold. There is much to be done to prevent it being snatched by the mortgage company. I admit I am playing ostrich and not dealing w/ that very well. I suck.

But anyway. We are doing okay in general and I have to say I am actually pretty fucking happy to be done with all of it. And if he goes to jail you're ALL invited to come blow bubbles as they cuff his sorry ass and perp-walk him towards his new home. 

And now I must get some shit done. Later!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment