Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weekend update. Now with more money. And welding.

Jackass ponied up some child support last week. Late and short, but still- money! I guess the authorities in charge of such things finally filled him in on their plans to suspend his driver's license. (I helpfully provided a couple addresses where they could serve him. Including his boss' house. heh.) It would be nice if that continued, but I am not holding my breath.

He also decided, in what can only be described as a moment of complete and total, yet typical, mental fucktardation, that calling our ten year old daughter 'Sasquatch Legs' and telling her it was time to shave, was an appropriate parenting move. The kids were about as thrilled about that as you might expect....which is to say, there was some significant negative ecstasy. I found out after the fact that he and our son had had a heated email exchange about the incident (Jackass' defense of his remark was that our son had made a biting comment also...@#$%?! The kid is 13. I mean, hellooo??). Then he served as a taxi and dumped the kids on his folks for his visitation so he could go party unencumbered, and told them about how he would be "drinking all day" so they weren't welcome. He tried to dump them on ME at the last minute, but as I am not his childcare provider, I declined.

And can I just say, I am SO glad I did? VCB and I had a fabulous and much needed weekend that I shall decline to describe further but which shall long be remembered. It included a classic discussion of sex being the glue that bonds relationships together and a thorough classification of the types of this interpersonal adhesive, from Post It Notes, (silent quickies) to Scotch Tape, (routine) to Super Glue, (use your imagination) to Arc Welding (umm....no comment.)

Upon the kids' return home it was revealed to me that Mrs. Jackass Sr, my former mother in law, has prominently bookmarked both my Facebook page and my old Twitter Account on her computer's desktop. Jackass had also made reference to my "blathering all over the internet" in an email last week. So it's entirely possible that I have some silent fans reading this blog as well. I can't deny that I find that simultaneously funny, disturbing, and sad. But since everything I post is TRUE, all I have to say to the entire Jackass family is- SUCK IT. If you don't like what I am writing, treat the kids better, pay your child support, and be decent human beings.

Other than that it's been a pretty good week. VCB and I took the kids out to dinner last night and I have been working, working, working. I have an opportunity on the horizon that I am excited about (but can't really talk about yet.) There are good things ahead.






No comments:

Post a Comment