Tuesday, July 14, 2009


The agony and the ecstasy

I had a great weekend. My three little winners were off with Jackass, but that made for some Bad Fun opportunities. (Dear Tarjay, thank you for putting really, really messy and obnoxious kids' craft kits on 75% off Friday. I am sure Jackass thoroughly enjoyed making scented body glitter with the kids, Sincerely, me) Very Cute Boy and I had a Very Nice Dinner Friday night, and I must have slept a solid ten hours. Poor VCB willingly suffered through a few of those with his arm dead asleep underneath me and was all "Well, you were SLEEPING" when I asked him why on Earth he didn't shove me off....Awww.

Then Saturday I went to my Moms and we watched the Twilight movie and stuffed ourselves with Thin Mints. (Mmmm, Girl Scout cookies....) Sunday was the Irish Festival, which I had waffled over up to the last minute (owing to suspecting that Jackass might have been there) but it was totally worth risking to have a Guiness and hear the bagpiped version of Amazing Grace, my favorite song ever. Then last night VCB and the kids and I threw some chicken on the grill and opened a couple of beers and had a nice cookout. 


MY weekend was great. The kids, not so much. Very Cute Boy calls the way my kids are fucked over by Jackass "Head Trauma" and I can't think of a more appropriate description. There was Head Trauma this weekend. The kids were told that *I* am the reason that Jackass' brother doesn't have custody of his kids. (Heh.) Among other, less bloggable, allegations. Argh. 


Anyway- waiting on kids to get off bus and typing on my BlackBerry. The condition of my house defies description at the moment, suffice it to say that I have a lot of housework to do. And also the fourth Twilight book and a box of Girl Scout Cookies are staring me in the face. Not much of a contest is it? Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment