Tuesday, July 14, 2009


April 22, 2008

The Very Cute Boy

The one bright spot in the disaster that is my life, is my new relationship. I have resisted the urge to blog about him, but....damn. Just- DAMN.

The Boy was raised *right* y'all. He's smart, charming and funny as hell. He hands me my ass, then smiles and lets me win. He LISTENS, really listens. He opens every door, carries my bag, rubs my back, brings me coffee, treats me like a princess. He holds onto me during the scary parts. He calls me to wake me up every day. He pays attention to the little things. He's gorgeous, and has a flawless body. He drives a big truck, and carries a gun. He never stops smiling. Old women, dogs and babies love him. He calls me sweetheart and says "Yes, Ma'am" in a slow deep southern drawl, complete with dimples and a grin. My head fits into the hollow of his shoulder like it was made for me. Despite all the bullshit that is my life, he insists he's in it for the long haul. He loves my kids. He takes out my trash and pumps the gas and fixes my broken stuff. He is the man I always dreamed of but never actually thought I'd ever have.

The Boy does it for me. In a big, big way. To quote a friend, I "got it bad". If only my friend knew...I actually have it very, very good. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment