Tuesday, July 14, 2009


By popular request

I love to cook y'all. Really. I miss my old big ass kitchen and all my cool gadgets that are now in storage. Christmas wasn't the same at all without the usual spread, the cornerstone of which I invented about six years ago. I get asked for this recipe every time I make it. Here ya go- and be warned, it's addictive.


Dawn's Crab Dip (makes enough for a good sized party, but it freezes well)

Combine :
4 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c good shredded parmesan (NOT the kind in the can. The cellulose destroys the texture of this dip. Omit if you must but Just. Don't. Do. It.)
1 c mayonaise
2 T Old Bay seasoning
1 T Garlic Powder
2tsp Onion Powder
1 T Celery seed
2T lemon juice
1T dill weed
Fold in: 
1lb lump style crabmeat

Either bake til hot and bubbly or serve in a small crockpot on low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment