Tuesday, July 14, 2009

April 12, 2008

I need a man around here.

Jackass left the back "area" a goddamn disaster. It seriously is a health hazard, there are rotten trash, rusting tools, abandoned cars, two boats, a trailer, jobsite waste, a huge pile of rotting (and smelly!) hay bales, hell...I could go on for days. Its horrible. The kids can't have friends over, I am sick of looking at it, and I feel totally powerless to do anything with it at all.

Today my mission was pretty simple. Take the month and a half worth of garbage I have collected to the dump, and mow the fucking grass. Easy right? One would THINK so. But one would be wrong.

First obstacle, I had a migraine til 2pm, when my good friend Demerol finally killed it. While I was waiting for the drugs to kick in I answered email, scrubbed the kitchen tables & counters, did dishes and laundry. Still need to clean the bathrooms, vacuum and dust but, hey. Not bad for a 100lb girl with her eyes watering from head pain, right?

Not to be deterred, once the headache subsided, I donned my work clothes & headed outside. Riding lawnmower had a flat, so Very Cute Boy had fixed the tire for me. All I had to do was put the tire back on and get it off the jack stand. Then I discovered the mower had a dead battery. Or something. In any case it wouldn't start. Shit. Okay then I thought, I'll just take the trash, right?.....trash is easy, foolproof. Trash can go, at least. So. I spent hours cleaning up misc trash out of the yard, (speaker wire ex rigged up in the woods last year for a Halloween party, dead garden hose, extension cords, bits of garbage, logs, chewed up dog toys, cinderblocks, motorcycle parts, you name it. I swept the decks and porches and weeded. I dragged out the doghouse, dealt with the snake that was living inside it, and set it up for the dog. I cleaned up everything that wasn't too heavy for me to lift and even some stuff that was. Got the trailer loaded, covered with a tarp & ready to roll.

So, I backed up to the trailer & discover I have the wrong size hitch on my truck. Fuck. This is NOT my day apparently. 
My yard still needs mowed and my trash still needs taken off. Can I do ANYTHING by myself?? I hate this feeling of helplessness. I guess I will go buy a new battery and a new hitch that I can't afford. Argh.

First a hot shower and a beer. Crap, I took Demerol. Maybe no beer. :( aw hell......maybe I will just lock myself in a room, put my hands over my ears, squeeze my eyes shut and rock back and forth while I hum a crazy, crazy song.......

No comments:

Post a Comment