Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Holidays Y'all

Christmas was both good and awful.

 The good: I have a wonderful new friend who "happened" to have a spare Wii and we did some horse trading for that. My friends and family were extraordinarily generous to us. (One dear friend brought us a $100 GC to Circuit City so the kids would have enough Wii controllers AND she brought us gifts for the kids too!!) The County Christmas Mother even paired us with a generous family who provided the kids with some much needed clothing, shoes, even some toys and contacts for my son. And Very Cute Boy decided at the very last minute to gift my son with the present of his dreams. The kids handled everything really well. Very Cute Boy gave me an awesome gadget and we had three great days with his kids, who seem enthusiastic about our relationship. I am actually posting this from a hotel room where V. Cute Boy and I have "gotten away from it all" for a few days.

The awful:
Jackass had court ordered visitation from 2pm Dec 25 to 6pm Dec 31. He told the kids he was taking them to Massachusetts to visit his family, which for obvious reasons I was dead set against. The kids were upset also, and did not wish to go. My attorney and the local magistrate told me simply to deny him permission to take them, and if he refused to acquiesce, not to turn the children over to him.  That would have put me in violation of the Court Order and possibly facing criminal charges, but I was ready to do it. Things were up in the air for several days. He finally sent me an email stating that he was not taking them out of state, so they (reluctantly) went for visitation. He sent me a very pleasant text message on Christmas Day and actually answered the phone when I called to talk to them. Since then I have spoken to the kids twice. The past two days they are not answering the phone. I am obviously nervous as hell. I can't wait to get them back tomorrow.

New Year's  Eve will be great. I am really, really glad 2008 is OVER and I can't wait til the divorce is final (although if Jackass remains true to his word he will have me in court for the next 13 years.) 2009 has got to be better than this bitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment