Tuesday, July 14, 2009

January 15, 2009

Two Weeks, one day

Til D Day. Divorce to be finalized 1/30/09. 

Should I be thrilled about the dissolution of my marriage?? What the hell kind of person does that make me, anyway? (Note to Jackass -and the whole Jackass family- YOUR OPINIONS DON'T COUNT, ahem) Regardless, I find myself happily anticipating the impending freedom. Which will apparently not be so "free" since my legal bills are astronomical and actually, as long as we have minor children, Jackass will be free to drag me into court ad infinitum. But I digress. 

As of 1/30/09, I will be free to legally resume the use of my maiden name. My children have asked if they can take it as well. Heh. I always disliked my married name, partly because it has no rhythm. Two one-syllable words. It falls like a brick off the tongue. I also never liked it because it rhymes with "Hates" and I inevitably typo'ed that whenever I pecked it into my keyboard. My kids are stuck with it (but at least I compensated for it when I chose their first names) so I have a little bit of heartburn about having a different name than they do. Is that even a big deal anymore? 

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment